Testing will continue to be an integral part of our safety protocols. By identifying COVID-19 cases early, we can take action to limit the spread of the virus.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, students can be tested with an order from a Student Health Services medical provider or a referral from the contact tracing team. Testing is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Making an appointment is required to help maintain physical distancing and reduce student wait times.
To obtain an order from an SHS provider:
- Schedule via My BuckMD
- Select appointment reason, TELEHEALTH - COVID symptoms
- This will schedule a telehealth appointment with the provider.
- SHS provider will call you during your Telehealth appointment to address your medical concerns.
To schedule a testing appointment:
- Call 614-292-4321
- This will not create an appointment with a provider but rather schedule an assigned testing time.
Note: If you are unable to schedule via My BuckMD, please try these tips:
- Switch browser to Google Chrome (most up-to-date version)
- Clear browsing history
- Conduct from a laptop or desktop
After your specimen is collected, you are required to self-quarantine in your residence and may not return to normal campus activities until your test result is available. This time frame may vary, but most results should be available between 2-3 business days after the specimen is collected. This brief self-quarantine is required out of an abundance of caution because it is possible to be infected with COVID-19 and have no symptoms.
What To Do If You Have a Positive Result
If you receive a positive test result, please do not panic.
- Proceed directly to your residence, avoid contact with others and make sure you are wearing a mask at all times. If your roommate is in your room, please maintain at least six feet of physical distance and both of you should wear a mask.
- You should also strictly avoid contact with anyone who is immunocompromised.
- The student support team will contact you to assist with the next steps, including determining the best place to isolate yourself. Please note that you may not be contacted until the next morning if results are received later into the night.