- Patients are required to visit Patient Registration prior to each scheduled appointment to verify insurance, billing information and provide a current insurance card (front/back)
- If Ohio State Comprehensive Student Health Insurance (SHI) or Wilce Care is purchased, Patient Registration will verify coverage, no card is needed
- Visit the SHI website for benefit details
Patients not covered under SHI are encouraged to contact their insurance company prior to appointments to review benefits available for services provided. Currently, Student Life Student Health Services (SLSHS) is contracted with:
- Ohio State Comprehensive Student Health Insurance Benefits Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- CareSource Medicaid of Ohio
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- OSU Health Plan
- United Healthcare (UHC)
Even if covered by one of the above plans, SLSHS may be considered out-of-network. Please contact the insurance company for more information.
SLSHS is out-of-network for all other insurance plans including Medicaid and Medicare, with the exception of CareSource Medicaid of Ohio. Contact your insurance company to review available out-of-network benefits. Providing tax ID number, 31-6025986, will help identify SLSHS from other physician groups and medical facilities associated with The Ohio State University. This information will assist in providing correct benefit information.
If an insurance payment is not received within 60 days from the date of service, the amount due becomes the patient's responsibility. Additionally, any unpaid charges are ultimately the responsibility of the patient.