University Vaccination Requirement
The University's vaccination requirement does not include the COVID-19 vaccine. For more information on the COVID-19 vaccination please click here.
If you have a hold placed on your account by the Registrar due to non-compliance with the University’s vaccination requirement, please call Student Life Student Health Services during business hours to take action, 614-292-0118.
The Ohio State University vaccination requirement must be completed prior to the start of the student's first semester. Failure to complete the applicable requirement may result in a hold placed on the student account, prohibiting the scheduling of classes and access to transcripts.
View a calendar of upcoming vaccine clinics at Student Life Student Health Services.
- You are new to The Ohio State University - have never before attended classes at The Ohio State University.
- You will be attending the Columbus Campus.
- You will be taking at least one (1) class in a face-to-face setting.
- Your enrollment status is half-time or greater.
In addition to the vaccination requirements below, international students must also complete a Tuberculosis Test and Health Screen if you:
- Have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Are new to Ohio State University - have never before attended classes at Ohio State
- You are an Ohio State University regional campus student new to University Housing - have never before lived in University Housing.
- You are an Ohio State University student who has transferred from a regional campus to the Columbus campus and are new to University Housing - have never before lived in University Housing.
The following vaccines are given in accordance with guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Three (3) doses OR lab report confirming immunity
Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Two (2) doses of MMR OR two (2) doses of Measles, two (2) doses of Mumps and one (1) dose of Rubella OR lab report confirming immunity
Meningococcal Conjugate (ACWY)
- Required for those students who will be younger than twenty-two (22) at the start of their first semester at Ohio State
- One dose received since age 16
- Required for those students who will be younger than eighteen at the start of their first semester at Ohio State
- Four doses of IPV or OPV
- One dose of TDap received within the past ten (10) years OR
- One dose of TDap received since age 10 and one (1) dose or either TDap or TD within the last ten years
- Two doses OR lab report confirming immunity
- Documentation of the history of the disease does not satisfy the requirement
All requirements are to be completed prior to the start of the student's first semester.