University Vaccination Requirement
The University's COVID-19 vaccination requirement is a separate process from the multi-vaccine requirement process. For more information on the COVID-19 vaccination please click here.
The Ohio State University vaccination requirement must be completed prior to the start of the student's first semester. Failure to complete the applicable requirement may result in a hold placed on the student account, prohibiting the scheduling of classes and access to transcripts.
View a calendar of upcoming vaccine clinics at Student Life Student Health Services.
- You are new to The Ohio State University - have never before attended classes at The Ohio State University.
- You will be attending the Columbus Campus.
- You will be taking at least one (1) class in a face-to-face setting.
- Your enrollment status is half-time or greater.
In addition to the vaccination requirements below, international students must also complete a Tuberculosis Test and Health Screen if you:
- Have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Are new to Ohio State University - have never before attended classes at Ohio State
- You are an Ohio State University regional campus student new to University Housing - have never before lived in University Housing.
- You are an Ohio State University student who has transferred from a regional campus to the Columbus campus and are new to University Housing - have never before lived in University Housing.
The following vaccines are given in accordance with guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Three (3) doses OR lab report confirming immunity
Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Two (2) doses of MMR OR two (2) doses of Measles, two (2) doses of Mumps and one (1) dose of Rubella OR lab report confirming immunity
Meningococcal Conjugate (ACWY)
- Required for those students who will be younger than twenty-two (22) at the start of their first semester at Ohio State
- One dose received since age 16
- Required for those students who will be younger than eighteen at the start of their first semester at Ohio State
- Four doses of IPV or OPV
- One dose of TDap received within the past ten (10) years OR
- One dose of TDap received since age 10 and one (1) dose or either TDap or TD within the last ten years
- Two doses OR lab report confirming immunity
- Documentation of the history of the disease does not satisfy the requirement
All requirements are to be completed prior to the start of the student's first semester.