Who should be vaccinated?
Everyone 6 months of age or older, especially:
- All persons who are at high risk for complications from the flu:
- Young children
- Pregnant women
- People with certain chronic medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, or heart and lung disease
- All healthcare workers and people who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, or who care for children under 6 months of age, who cannot be vaccinated.
How can you get vaccinated?
SLSHS offers several options for receiving your influenza vaccination:
- Schedulable Influenza Clinics (appointment required, see events page for details; events will be limited)
- Schedule an appointment with the Preventive Medicine team via My BuckMD
- Schedule an appointment with the Pharmacy via My BuckMD and select "Vaccine Pharmacy Appointment" under appointment type
- Ask your medical provider during any scheduled appointment
All patients must schedule an appointment to receive the influenza vaccination.