The Mpox Vaccine is available in limited quantities at Columbus Public Health, Equitas Health and Central Outreach. Most providers offer appointments on a week by week basis, so it may be necessary to regularly check their websites for availability.
- The JYNNEOS vaccine is approved for prevention of smallpox and mpox. It is the primary vaccine being used in the U.S. during this outbreak.
- The JYNNEOS vaccine is given as a two-dose series. The two doses should be given 28 days apart.
- CDC recommends getting both doses of JYNNEOS vaccine. The level of protection provided by only one dose is not known.
- You are considered vaccinated against mpox 14 days after you receive your second vaccine dose.
- See more information at JYNNEOS Vaccine | Mpox | Poxvirus | CDC
For More Information