International Students (F-1/J-1 Student VISA) who are new to The Ohio State University are required to complete all applicable components of the Vaccination Requirement.
All new international students and returning international students who have outside the United States for 1 (one) month or longer - will be evaluated to determine the student's risk of tuberculosis infection. Those students who have been identified as having a risk will be notified by secure message through MyBuckMD and will be required to attend a Health Screen appointment.
The Health Screen appointment is completed by Student Life Student Health Services (SLSHS) and includes:
- Health status review
- Tuberculosis Testing
On the day of your Health Screen Appointment:
- Eat regular meals
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Dress in clothing that allows easy access to your arms
- Bring your BuckID
- Bring health records, including:
- Previous health screens
- Tuberculosis testing
- Chest x-rays
Health Screen Results:
The results of your health screen will be available within 3-10 days. Results are available:
- Online via My BuckMD, a secure message will be sent with your results. Check your email for notification of the secure message.
- By Phone or Email
Interpretting Your Results:
- Negative Results: If your results are negative, your health screen is complete. No further action is required.
- Positive Results: If your results are positive, you will need to:
- Come to SLSHS for a chest x-ray. No appointment is required.
- Schedule an appointment following your x-ray to discuss your tuberculosis status.