Drug Screen Requirements
Your health professional college may require the completion of a drug or toxicology screen. This is a test that checks for the presence of specific drugs in your system.
Submission of drug screen records:
- Student Life Student Health Services (SLSHS) Laboratory: Drug screens received at SLSHS are automatically added to your health record and communicated to your health professional college. No further action is required.
- Other Laboratories: Documentation of your drug screen results will need to be provided to SLSHS. Upon receipt the information will be added to your health record and communicated to your health professional college. **Allow 10 business days for processing. Documentation can be:
- Uploaded through MyBuckMD
- Faxed to (614) 292-6001
- Delivered in person to SLSHS, 2nd floor Central Desk
Obtain a Drug Screen
If you are in need of a drug screen in order to meet the requirements of your health professional college, you may obtain one from the SLSHS Laboratory. No appointment is necessary, however you will need to check in at the Patient Registration Desk to indicate you are here for a drug screen and provide payment. The associate will then direct you to the laboratory. See the Order It Yourself (OIY) page for pricing.
You may have your drug screen completed at a laboratory other than SLSHS. In order to ensure compliance, you will want to verify that the drug screen includes testing for the following:
|Specific Gravity||Tricyclic Antidepressants|
Drug Screen Process
- Urine sample: When you arrive for your drug screen, you will be asked to provide a urine sample. This must be done at the time of the screening and cannot be a sample that is brought with you.
- Medications/Supplements: If you are currently taking medications or supplements is it very important that you bring your medication/supplement with you so that it can be noted. Some medications/supplements could cause a false positive.
Drug Screen Results
For drug screens received at SLSHS, results can be obtained:
- Via MyBuckMD
- A secure message will be sent indicating the overall results of your drug screen.
- Detail drug screen results can be obtained through the Lab History option in MyBuckMD, located under My Profile.