Vaccination Requirement - Domestic Students
You must complete the Domestic Student vaccination requirement if:
- You are new to The Ohio State University - have never before attended classes at The Ohio State University.
- You will be attending the Columbus Campus.
- You will be taking at least one (1) class in a face-to-face setting.
- Your enrollment status is half-time or greater.
This requirement includes the following vaccines given in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/index.html):
Three (3) doses OR lab report confirming immunity.
Measles, Mumps, Rubella
Two (2) doses of MMR OR two (2) doses of Measles, two (2) doses of Mumps, and one (1) dose of Rubella OR lab report confirming immunity.
Polio (Only required for those students who will be younger than eighteen (18) at the start of the semester)
Four (4) doses of IPV or OPV.
One (1) dose received within the past ten (10) years.
Two (2) doses OR lab report confirming immunity. Documentation of history of disease does not satisfy the requirement.
You are also required to complete the Housing Student requirement if:
- You are new to University Housing, on any Ohio State campus - have never before lived in University Housing.
This requirement includes:
Meningococcal conjugate (ACWY)
One (1) dose received since age 16.
For instructions on how to complete the requirement, please see the Vaccination Requirement page.
*** All requirements are to be completed prior to the start of the semester in which the To Do List item is assigned.
*** Students admitted to a Health Professional program must meet the vaccination requirements for both the university and their degree program.