There is currently an international viral outbreak of 2019 Novel Coronavirus.
The Ohio State University continues to monitor closely the guidelines and recommendations from local, state and federal agencies. Both the Wexner Medical Center and the Office of Student Life’s Student Health Services have proactive measures in place to screen symptoms and follow all public health protocols should anyone with potential coronavirus need care.
- Patients with a new cough, fever or shortness of breath, or have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with the coronavirus infection, call the main SLSHS phone line, 614-292-4321 and visit this CDC webpage for more information
- Appointment availability may be impacted by the Coronavirus outbreak
- Email questions directly to email@example.com
- Secure message via My BuckMD to contact a provider for information by selecting "questions for COVID 19" from the dropdown in My BuckMD
Testing is not available at Wilce Student Health Center. We can help identify if you need to be tested and how to obtain it if it is needed.
ABOUT COVID-19 (Coronavirus):
Coronaviruses typically cause symptoms that are similar to influenza (the flu) and other viral illnesses. The most common symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Tiredness, body aches
- Dry cough
- Shortness of breath
- The vast majority of patients have mild/moderate symptoms and don't require hospitalization
- People at highest risk for severe illness from COVID-19 include those with pre-existing pulmonary disease, immune-compromised, infants and the elderly
- If you're seriously ill, seek medical attention from your health care provider or the Emergency Department
HOW TO STAY HEALTHY
As always, the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, patients and visitors is our top priority. The best way to protect yourself is to practice routine hygiene etiquette.
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid crowds and large gatherings
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when you sneeze or cough
- Wash your hands often with soap and water (20 seconds or longer) or use hand sanitizer (60-90% alcohol)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands or after touching surfaces
- Clean and disinfect "high-touch" surfaces often
- Anyone who is seriously ill should seek medical advice from a doctor or emergency department
For more information, visit the university’s coronavirus webpage.
For additional questions call the Ohio Department of Health - 1-833-4ASKODH (1-833-427-5634) or visit the ODH Website.
More information can be found at CDC.gov/coronavirus