Important information regarding Yellow Fever vaccinations:
Sanofi Pasteur has suspended production of yellow fever vaccine and new vaccine will not be available until mid-2018. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has worked with the FDA to provide an unlicensed vaccine in the United States at limited locations, however, Student Life Student Health Services is NOT one of those locations. The locations in Central Ohio are: Passport Health 5650 Blazer Parkway Dublin, OH 43017 1-877-358-8648 or Travel Health Services, LLC 7219 Sawmill Road Dublin, OH 43016 1-614-889-6911.
Travel Consultations and recommended travel vaccinations are available at Student Life Student Health Services (SLSHS) during our Monday-Friday hours, with some Saturday appointments available.
Based upon your destination, a provider will:
- determine what vaccines or medication you may need. (Vaccination requirements and recommendations for foreign travel are based on guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC))
- identify emergency care in the destination country
- provide an up-to-date country-specific packet
To schedule a consultation:
- Online via My BuckMD (select Travel Consultation for the appointment reason)
- By Phone with Advice/Appointments (614) 292-4321
- In Person with Advice Appointments
**Be sure to indicate your destination to allow materials to be prepared in advance
What to bring to the consultation:
- up-to-date vaccination records
- current medications
- recommendations from tour organizers
- Food and waterborne diseases are the number one cause of illness in travelers.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Drink only bottled/boiled water, or carbonated drinks in cans or bottles, without ice.
- Eat only cooked food or fruits and vegetables you have peeled yourself.
- Boil it, cook it, peel it, or forget it.
- Don't handle animals.
- Don't swim in freshwater, salt water is usually safer.
- Protect yourself from insects by remaining in screened areas, using insect repellent, and wearing long sleeves and pants.
- To prevent fungal and parasitic infections, do not go barefoot.
- Carry a backup supply of your prescription medications with you on your trip.
- Be sure you are up-to-date on your vision, dental, and medical exams before leaving.
Please visit U.S. Department of State for up-to-date travel advisories and information regarding specific countries.