Opioid Addiction Recovery
The Suboxone Maintenance and Recovery Treatment (SMART) program at The Ohio State University is a partnership between the Office of Student Life’s Counseling and Consultation Services (CCS), Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) and Student Health Services (SHS). Our mission is to assist students with a history of opioid use disorder in maintaining their recovery by offering continued maintenance treatment with buprenorphine/naloxone, psychosocial support programs and recovery support.
As a collaborative team, we strive to support current and incoming students in recovery from an opioid use disorder that are utilizing medication assisted treatment and need medical providers who can continue to prescribe these medications as well as support their recovery and continued success both academically and personally.
SMART is designed for current or incoming students that have a year of successful recovery utilizing medication assisted treatment and are committed to maintaining their recovery while pursuing their education at Ohio State.
What We Offer
- Continue providing medication at SHS
- Individual and/or group counseling at CCS
- On campus recovery support at CRC
- Provide 12 months’ worth of prior medication assisted treatment records
- Be committed to maintaining your recovery
- Comply with all treatment protocols
- Attend recovery support meeting (AA, NA, etc.) once a week
- Attend weekly abstinence based group counseling at CCS OR weekly individual therapy counseling with a licensed professional
- Attend CRC meeting once a week
- Meet with prescriber at SHS once a month
- Meeting and appointment attendance will be documented
- Drug and alcohol screen once a month, at the discretion of the prescriber
- Attend additional meetings with individual counselor, psychiatrist, etc., as determined by the prescriber
How To Apply
- Contact the Care Manager at CCS by calling 614-292-5766