Health Professional Students
Student Life Student Health Services (SLSHS) works with many of the university health professional schools to complete and document student vaccination requirements.
All Health Professional Students are expected to meet both The Ohio State University and their program Vaccination Requirements.
Vaccination requirements vary for each program, however often include:
- Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Hepatitis B
- TDAP (Tetanus)
A titer verifies antibody levels, ensuring protection against disease. Insufficient levels may require booster vaccination.
Submission of Vaccination and Titer Records
When Performed at Student Life Student Health Services (SLSHS)
- Vaccinations received at SLSHS are automatically added to the health record and communicated to the college
When Performed by Another Laboratory
- Provide documentation to SLSHS via:
- Allow 10 business days for processing
- Results will be added to the health record and communicated to the college
Obtain Vaccinations and Titers
Schedule Appointment with Preventive Medicine:
- Online via My BuckMD (Select Health Professional Student for the appointment reason)
- Preventive Medicine Coordinator 614-247-2387
Influenza Vaccination Requirement
The influenza vaccination is a yearly requirement that must be updated each fall when the new vaccine becomes available. Call 614-292-4321 to schedule an appointment.