The vaccination requirements vary for each health professional college, but often include:
- Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Hepatitis B
- TDAP (Tetanus)
Please check with your health professional college to know your specific vaccination requirements. ***Health Professional Students are expected to meet both The Ohio State University vaccination requirement as well as those for their degree program.
Submission of vaccination records
- Student Life Student Health Services (SLSHS): Vaccinations received at SLSHS are automatically added to your health record and communicated to your health professional college. No further action is required.
- Other health providers/clinics: Documentation of vaccinations received at other facilities will need to be provided to SLSHS. Upon receipt the information will be added to your health record and communicated to your health professional college. **Allow 10 business days for processing. Documentation can be:
- Uploaded via MyBuckMD
- Faxed to (614) 292-6001
- Delivered in person to SLSHS, 2nd floor Central Desk
If you are in need of a vaccination in order to meet the requirements of your health professional college, you may schedule an appointment with the Preventive Medicine Nurse at SLSHS. Appointments can be scheduled:
- Online via My BuckMD (Select Health Professional Student for the appointment reason)
- By Phone with Advice/Appointments (614) 292-4321
- In Person with Advice Appointments
Influenza Vaccination Requirement
The influenza vaccination is a yearly requirement that must be updated each fall when the new vaccine becomes available. SLSHS offers several options for receiving your influenza vaccination:
- Walk-in Influenza Clinics - no appointment required. See our events page for dates and times.
- Wilce Student Health Center Pharmacy - no appointment required, Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Health Professional Student Appointment, scheduled with the Preventive Medicine Nurse