Health Reporting Process
All Ohio State students, faculty and staff will report their health status daily through the Ohio State App or compass.osu.edu and is part of Ohio State’s program to support a safe and healthy return to campus. Students log their daily temperature, proximity to COVID-19 exposure and are provided guidance on reporting to class/work through a daily red or green health passport.
- Take your temperature.
- Log in to the health reporting tool via compass.osu.edu or the Ohio State app. If you do not have access to a computer or smartphone, please call 614-247-7000 to record your health information by phone.
- In the COVID-19 health reporting section, record your temperature and answer other health reporting questions
- Receive your daily health passport. This passport is good for entry to all open buildings during the day it was submitted.
- RED = Stay home
- GREEN = Clear to come to campus
- YELLOW = Time to report
Visit the Health Reporting Pilot webpage for more information.
- If your health report is RED and you would like medical advice please contact your health care provider or Student Health Services.
- Secure message via My BuckMD to contact a provider for information by selecting "questions for COVID-19" from the dropdown. Use this if you have personal health care concerns.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Use this if you have general questions about COVID-19 and when you can resume in-person activities.
- Phone 614-292-4321, option 1 to leave a voicemail.
- When a fever is present, do not return to in-person activities until no fever is present for at least 24 hours, without taking fever-reducing medications, and your symptoms are improving.
The Ohio State University is doing everything possible to keep our Buckeye community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Follow this link for updates and FAQs for the different areas of Student Life.